Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pregnancy Tracker - 29 weeks

Well here we are at 29 weeks, meaning I have 10 more to go until the scheduled c-section.  Just a little over 2 months left.  Eek!!  I seriously need to get moving on getting her room fully put together.  Seems like I got a serious head-start on it, and then got busy with other stuff.  Looks like I need to make some goals.  No big changes from last week - though I think we have informally settled on a name.  The kicks are becoming quite stronger - a few have actually been painful.  Speaking of pain, my back pain has kicked into high gear. More pillows have made their way into our bed, and my wedge pillow will make its journey to my work chair tomorrow.  I have officially reached the point where I'm sick of being pregnant.  :(  It's not cute or fun anymore - it's just uncomfortable ALL.THE.TIME.  I'm ready for April, and spring weather, and a chubby baby girl!

Here's what babycenter.com says about the pregnancy at 29 weeks.

Your baby now weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger to make room for her developing brain. To meet her increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because her bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in your baby's hardening skeleton each day.

No comments: