Sunday, February 27, 2011

80

Friday was my grandmother's 80th birthday.  Today, we got together to celebrate her big day.  My aunt Taunya put together some fantastic food (she and my mom are getting into the catering business if anyone needs an event catered!!!) and we all sat around, shootin' the breeze.  It was a gorgeous day, and the sun coming in the windows definitely put everyone in a great mood.  It was nice to sit around and catch up with everyone.  I didn't snag nearly as many pictures as I wanted - I was wanting some with gma and the grandkids, and her kids, and the entire family - but there was just too much going on, too many people coming and going, and a few people that weren't able to make it.  So I snapped what I could, when I could.

Here is the card I made for her today while Carter was napping.  I desperately miss scrapbooking.  I have so many pictures I need to print out and many albums that need filled.  I keep saying "soon" or "next weekend", but anyone with kids knows that their stuff always comes first and your own projects kind of take the backseat to anything else going on.  So, I still say "soon" and "maybe on maternity leave", but it'll just happen when it happens.

 Here is Carter playing with his cousin, Hannah.  Actually, she's my cousin, so that makes her his.....second cousin?  Either way, these two are inseperable.
 Carter with his great-grandma....or Grandma Vern as he calls her.  Her name is LaVerne, but she decided when he could speak that she was to be known as Grandma Vern.  It's cute and he sure loves her!
 After most of the crowd went home, Carter discovered the piano.  My cousin Brian took 6 or 7 years of piano lessons, and now my Aunt Taunya is taking her own lessons.  Carter made everyone that was left at the house sit down and play with him.  Here is my cousin Matt teaching Carter some tunes.

Matt actually doesn't even play the piano, so the music they were playing left a little to be desired. ;)  Matt is actually just like Eric - they both taught themselves to play the guitar, and they are both phenomenal guitar players.  It's pretty amazing to watch them both sit down with their own guitars and "jam out".  As someone who has no musical talent whatsoever, I always find it captivating to watch them play.

1 comment:

CreativeMish said...

It's great that Carter has the opportunity to know so many Grandparents. I only knew my Grandma Beth (Mom's Mom) and Great Grandma Spillman (Grandma Beth's Mom)