Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Little Fish

I apologize for the lateness of this post - it was supposed to be up earlier, but due to date night tonight, it got a little delayed.

As I mentioned a while back, swimming has resumed.  It's the most magical place for a pregnant woman.  Even though we really go there for Carter, I secretly get more excited than he does at the mere mention of the pool.  ;)  Lately, he's been advancing really well.  I'm so proud of him!  We were able to track down some pool noodles from a high school friend of mine (since NOWHERE in town has them in stock right now).  Carter does so well with the swimming basics when he has these noodles with him.
 For the time being, we are working on kicking.  And let me tell you, that kid motors around the pool like you would not believe.
  I snapped the pictures from this post in a matter of about one minute and then put the camera away.  He was doing so well and I wanted to be in the water with him.  Eric is far more comfortable letting Carter get a few feet away, but this mama's nerved and heart aren't that strong, lol!


And he always has the biggest smile on his face because he knows he is doing so well.  Like I said, I am SO proud of my little guy!

 That smile makes life worth it.


2 comments:

Perfectly Unperfect said...

As an avid swimmer, and family named "fish" I am so glad to see that you are teaching Carter at an early age.

I have been working with my munchkins for the past three or four years teaching them to swim. Their father doesn't know how to swim so they never learned before.

It is so much easier to teach a young toddler {believe it or not} then it is to teach a young child or children that have developed a deep fear of the water.

Way to go Carter! And way to go mom & dad!

CreativeMish said...

Yay for Carter! It looks like he's having a great time!