Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Goal Accomplished

Many months ago, I decided to submit some of my scenic pictures to a local magazine.  They often feature local photographers' scenic photos on their cover, and I figured, hey, why not?  So I compiled a disc of some of my favorite scenic shots and submitted them to the editor after a few meetings.  The magazine I chose isn't one that tons of people know about, nor is it high in circulation in all the "hot spots".  It does, however, go out to every attorney and law firm in the state of Idaho, and it's a publication I read every time it comes through our office door. 

A month ago, I got a call from the editor, advising me that they had chosen one of my Redfish Lake pictures to be featured on the cover.  While it certainly isn't my favorite scenic picture, I was still beyond flattered to have a picture chosen among all the other extremely talented folks that are featured on a monthly basis on the cover of The Advocate.  And while this wasn't exactly a specific goal of mine for my photography business, the exposure certainly won't hurt!  I can now say my work has been published and I have been a featured photographer on a state-wide publication.  Go me!


2 comments:

Perfectly Unperfect said...

Congratulations!!! That is wonderful!

Nice photo too!

CreativeMish said...

That is awesome and great that they added your website.