Monday, June 21, 2010

Only if I Have To

As a photographer, I hate using my flash.  I'm a natural light photographer 99.9999% of the time.  Why?  Because I learned how to use my camera and I refuse to shoot on "auto".  And I hate the harsh light flashes provide for indoor shots.  Using a flash for outdoor photography is sometimes a necessity to add fill light to faces, and I really enjoy this technique.  Since the on-camera flash isn't the best, it was time to figure out something else.  So I went ahead and bought an external flash (Canon, of course).  And since I don't like using a flash for indoor photography, I also bought a soft box flash diffuser, which will be arriving shortly.



I am very excited to add these two items to my collection - I think they will come in handy and will allow me to enjoy flash photography as it's supposed to be enjoyed.

No comments: