Thursday, June 10, 2010

Definition Please

Delusion(al):

1. False belief: a persistent false belief held in the face of strong contradictory evidence, especially as a symptom of a psychiatric condition

2. Mistaken notion: a false or mistaken belief or idea about something

3. As a pathology, it is distinct from a belief based on false or incomplete information, dogma, stupidity, apperception, illusion, or other effects of perception.



Do you know anyone like this?  Someone who thinks they know everything about you, your darkest secrets (that clearly aren't secrets if they are from your OWN life, lol), your experiences, etc.?  Someone who is brave (or dumb, there IS a fine line) enough to speak about YOUR life as if they were there? This, my fellow blog readers, is someone who is delusional. Someone who needs a little LESS free time to obsess over someone else's past, present, and future.

4 comments:

Perfectly Unperfect said...

Bravo!!! Very well put!!!

Cristie said...

Seems like this person has been stalking/bothering you for a long time. Why not just post their name and embarrass the crap out of them. Maybe then they'll stop. Just sayin......:o)

Jenn said...

Cristie - trust me, she has no qualms about saying far worse about me. And I want to stoop to her level, I really do. But it wouldn't stop her....it would only add fuel to the fire and I'm not going to dedicate blog post after blog post to her name. She can run her mouth for page after page about what she thinks she knows about me, and I will just get my giggles out of her fascination with my life.

Cristie said...

Well said, Jenn. Who is this girl that is so fascinated with your life. Does she not have a life of her own to live? I guess it should be flattering for you that she is envious of yours. :o)