Sunday, March 1, 2009

Knick Knack Tour

As most people know, I'm a huge sports fan. The hubby is not. So instead of watching basketball, football, golf, and baseball, like I did growing up, I get baseball. Which is fine with me since it's my favorite. But I do miss watching the others. (Now that we are upgrading the cable in our house, we will have another room with cable....maybe I can resume sports TV.)
Anyway, sports have been a part of my life since early childhood. And I loved to collect sports cards. They are hidden away in my closet - not to be touched or played with.

I have two books FULL of cards. They are to be preserved. Because the longer you hold on to these things, the more valuable they are.

Some of the cards I have are full sets - which, sometimes, hold more value. Some day, I will look up the values....but for now, it's like a mini-retirement plan just sitting in my closet.

2 comments:

♥Jacqueline said...

I wouldn't have the patience to wait for them to appreciate. LOL!

Lo said...

that's hilarious!! oh my goodness if i had those, i can honestly tell you i'd be ADDICTED and glued to the laptop keeping track of their worth. especially in this economy, i'd be SO CURIOUS. not that i'd ever sell em. i would just obsess and obsess :)