Sunday, March 22, 2009

Movie Review: Twilight



First of all, I never had any intention of ever watching this movie. I am a loyal Harry Potter fan and I feel as though I am cheating on my beloved Harry by showing any interest in this series. I have not read any of the Twilight books. So I went into this movie not knowing what the heck was going on, or what details I was missing out on from the book.

Having said that? I'm hooked. I love me some Edward. I love the story. My mother-in-law just dropped off the first two books for me to read and I plan on diving right into those. I actually probably won't read the first one now that I have seen the movie. So I will start with book two.

But the movie? It was excellent. I really enjoyed it and I do recommend it even for people who aren't going to read the book.

4 comments:

Marchelle said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


********************BUT WAIT************************

you so completely and totally HAVE to read the first book!!! trust me!!! there are a few differences, and while i have read all the books twice, and the first one 3 times, and seen the movie a bazillion times, you so so SO have to read the first book. it's a definite must. trust me. i mean it. OMG it is sooo much better than the movie - and the movie is awesome! oh please oh please oh please... i can't stress it enough... read it!!

do i sound like a big enough freak?!? LOL

i'm so glad you liked it and have come to the dark side! haha

Lo said...

PLEASE read the first book!!!!!!!!!! the movie, in NO WAY gives justice to the book. seriously. i read thru this series like no other. it's a quick read and you won't regret it!!! seriously, the movie doesn't show you what the book does. although i warn you about the 4th book.... it was quite annoying. for reasons i'm sure we'll discuss :)

Brandy said...

I agree with those ladies. You HAVE to read the first book! SO GOOD.

♥Jacqueline said...

The 2nd movie comes out November 20th. IF you'd like to go, I can make it your B-day present ;o)