Friday, March 6, 2009

Chaos

This week has been hectic. And I laugh at that word because it really doesn't even come close to how "hectic" it has really been.


For those who don't know, we are moving. We found a house that we are going to buy...in the near future. But we get to live in it now. Kind of a sweet deal, huh? Living in a house and deciding if it works for you and your family before committing to it? I like it. So that's what we are doing. We are going to rent the place for a year, maybe two, while we rebuild our credit. And then, if everything works as planned, we will buy the house. And I'm super excited about it.


However, that means we have to move. And I'm not super excited about that. Or about what my current landlord dumped on me. We have been at our house now for 2 1/2 years. We are not locked into a lease anymore. It's simply a month-t0-month thing. So I called up my landlord and gave her this big sob story about how we can't really give her a 30 day notice, we would like to be out within 2 weeks if possible. She says "sure" and I'm thinkin' "man, that was easy." Not so fast. She tells me to go ahead and list the house on craiglist (for LESS than what we are paying now, mind you....I was slightly peeved when I heard the number) and show the house to potential renters. Um.....'scuse me? Yeah. So this week has been completely SWAMPED with e-mails and phone calls from potential renters.....keeping my house spotless....and giving the grand tour to at least two potential renters EVERY night. Which, let me tell you, interrupts my favorite shows (thank you DVR), dinner prep, eating dinner, bath time, family time, etc. I hate it. I don't like strangers stomping around through my space while I'm still living there. But, I guess if it gets us out of having to pay a FULL month's rent, I will deal with it.


So Friday is finally here. I have two showings this evening. So far. I'm sure I will receive more e-mails today.
I'm moon-lighting as a real estate agent. And if you want my card, I DON'T HAVE ONE. I'm retiring next week. It was a very short-lived career.

1 comment:

♥Jacqueline said...

Mrs D, I saw your listing on Craig's List and I'd like a viewing. What time could we arrange? Just Kidding. LOL That would totally suck! Talk about not having a moment to yourself til this is over with. :o( Ugh!