Thursday, October 30, 2008

Pet Peeve

Let me share with you one of my biggest pet peeves.
It drives me UP THE WALL when motorcyclists plead and plead with the regular motorists of the road to "look twice" because it's harder to see people on motorcycles with blind spots and all, etc. Yet, there are those "certain" motorcyclists out there who think they are exempt from all the traffic laws.
Example: this morning driving in to work, there were three accidents. Traffic was backed up for miles and miles. I was behind one motorcyclist who sat in line with the rest of us. However, in the time I was sitting in line, one motorcyclist went zooming between the lines of cars. Because, you know, he couldn't be bothered with waiting, like the rest of us were so patiently (or not) doing. And then there was another one who went zooming by in the emergency lane! It's people like this, that think their precious time shouldn't be wasted sitting in traffic, that really piss me off and make me want to NOT give so much of a damn about motorcyclists. If they are going to throw the traffic laws to the wind and think they are so freakin' special as to zoom in and around traffic, let them fend for themselves! Hopefully someone gets pissed off enough one day, and "accidentally" opens their door as one is trying to zoom on by. It might not be the right thing to do, but I betcha next time, that motorcyclist might think twice about their decision.

2 comments:

♥Jacqueline said...

Oh Yeah, isn't it annoying?

Adorned with Lace said...

Yeah, motocyclists need to be careful! I'm not a fan!! AND seriously... WEAR A HELMET!!