Friday, June 6, 2008

Wedding Update

Let's do an update on where we are with the wedding.

We have selected a DJ. We interviewed three different places. I think we found one that fits what we are looking for. Eric was really wanting to do a live band, but I think you are so limited with your options. Not my preference.

The guys' tuxes have been selected and reserved. I think Eric picked out something that is going to look really good, so I'm excited about that.

All the girls' have their dresses. It's up to them to find shoes and have their dresses altered. They are going with silver shoes - we all agreed that silver matches the dress the best.

I have my shoes - I ordered them from a place that will dye them. I received the shoes and a color swatch of the ivory I want, took the swatch over to where my dress is to make sure it was going to match. It did. So the shoes have been shipped back to the company, with the swatch, to be dyed. Hopefully this doesn't take longer than a couple weeks.

Our cruise is booked. Our excursions have been booked as well - those are bridal shower/wedding presents. All I know is that they have been booked - I have no clue who is giving them to us. And my parents upgraded our room on the cruise to a room higher up, with a big window. We were originally on the very bottom floor, with no window. And, as someone who gets motion sickness, I was quite worried about that. As was my family - knowing that I truly do live up to me "hurl girl" nickname. Now I'm just freaking out because we still need to get passports and plane tickets and I have no clue how we are going to afford that. It's three months until the wedding - I can't put these things off anymore. I wish we could just ask for money for bridal shower/wedding presents. That's really all we need. Making a registry was just like going through the motions because we already have a house with all the stuff we need. So we did the registry feeling like we were doing it just to do it. Not really needing anything, but of course, Eric wants it all. He doesn't want to ask for money. So I guess we continue to stress about how we are going to get our passports, pay for plane tickets, and have spending money for the honeymoon. Guess that's something I get to freak out about. Yikes

My mom and I are meeting with a florist this Saturday to see what can be done about the bouquets and other flowers needed. I picked something relatively simple, so I'm not worried. Hopefully we can get some good prices.

My bridal shower is July 12th and my friend, Jenny, will be hosting it at her house. I'm very excited for it.

My bachelorette party will be Sunday, August 31st. The next day is Labor Day, so no one should have to work.

I will be working half days the week of the wedding - Tues., Wed., and Thurs. Thursday, after I get off work, the girls and I will go get manicures and pedicures. The rehearsal will be in the evening, with the rehearsal dinner immediately following at Old Chicago - downtown. I'm sure the wedding party will stay downtown and bar hop. Friday - no one is working. Well, at least the bride, groom, and girls aren't. I don't know about Eric's groomsmen. And I have no clue when the bachelor party is. That's their deal - they can figure it out. Guys never plan like girls do.

So that's basically where we are at. Things are coming together quite well. We still need to finish up on the centerpieces - I have about half the flowers that I need. So we'll be having another spray paint project in the garage soon. And the invitations are all ready to be put together - I just need to get together with Eric's mom and get those all done. The guest list is pretty much finalized. We tried our best to keep it to 100 people and I think we did all right.

The food menu is pretty much finalized as well and I'm happy with the selection that we will have. We are getting two or three kegs of beer, and will have lots of wine. We decided to not pay for hard alcohol for everyone as that would get really expensive. So we will have a private stash for those VIPs - a/k/a the BRIDE, who loves her vodka and rum, and the grandmother who must have her vodka tonics.

So - that's where we are. Freaked out about money, but everything is coming together.

1 comment:

Itskellerific said...

ahhh, wedding planning... it wouldn't be a real wedding if you weren't shitting balls over your budget. take comfort in the fact that it will come together. believe me.