Saturday, June 14, 2008

Father's Day

I know it's a day early, but we kind of celebrated today. I bought Eric a new (and NOT cheap) fishing pole for father's day. We browsed Cabela's (long enough for me to get sick of these devil children running WILD, so I yelled at them. I was proud; Eric laughed) Anyway, new fishing pole. And, as an extension of that present, I got a fishing license. Eric always complains that I never do anything he's interested in, so I will try fishing.

We went to CJ Strike today. I got sunburned. Not surprised. But we had fun, nonetheless. Carter was a slight pain, forcing us to conclude that next time, a babysitter will be arranged. We need more "us" time anyway. So I fished. Apparently Eric didn't care to document this with photos, but next time, there will be photos as proof! We stayed for a couple hours, finally giving in to the heat and heading home. Eric had one bite. That was it.
Oh, and we had car trouble. That was fun! There is a cover on the underneath side of my car, which is worthless in Eric's opinion. After I bought the car, the cover fell off and we discovered that whoever owned it before secured it with ZIP TIES of all things. Even though there are holes for screws. The mechanic I took the car to put screws in. The dirt roads today must have knocked them all loose, however, because there were no screws left and the cover started dragging as we were cooking along at 60 mph. Scary!!! We got it fixed....rigged up with a fishing line. I'm glad the fix lasted all the way home.


Trying to beat the heat.

Go ahead and fish, I'll stay right here. Honest!!

Slightly messy lunch!


No comments: