Thursday, March 3, 2011

Pregnancy Tracker - 32 weeks

We have arrived at 32 weeks, which is the start of 8 months.  After the scares last week, I'm happy to report that the blood sugar problem is very much under control.  No more passing out feelings!  Though I have to eat the minute I wake up in the mornings, most often with just one eye open (I'm NOT a morning person), it's soooo worth it as opposed to the shakes and noodle legs, etc.  The back pain and rib pain are still very much a constant, and I count down the hours until I can get home from work and lie down on the couch.  The couch or my bed seem to be the only places that fully relieve the back/rib pain.

I had a check-up this week - everything looks and sounds great.  The baby is currently breech, which, since we are doing a c-section, isn't a problem at all.  We discussed an additional procedure at the time of the c-section, and officially got that on the books.  And we also discussed a few other questions that have been weighing on my mind.  I love my doctor.  He's just so reassuring and I feel 100% at ease with his care and treatment.

Here's what babycenter.com says about the pregnancy at 32 weeks (8 months):

By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus (gee, ya thing?!). You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb (oh great). She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

Here's an 8 month picture.  Hubby and I are heading out this weekend with the camera to grab a cute shot I have been putting together in my head.  Hopefully it comes together nicely!

2 comments:

♥Jacqueline said...

Lookin' good Mama! Congrats again! Hope you're doing okay, since you said something about a procedure... :)

CreativeMish said...

It's going quick! I've got to get busy quilting!