Saturday, March 26, 2011

Baby Love, My Baby Love

Today was the baby shower.  We gathered friends and family, and my Aunt Taunya, with the help of my mom, put on a fabulous shower for this baby girl.  It was such a fun day and I'm so glad I have so many wonderful, loving, and funny women in my life.  We snacked on fruit and veggie platters....and later filled ourselves up on cheesecake and chocolate cake.  We played games.  We opened gifts.  So many fabulous gifts!  I've never seen so many adorable baby girl clothes in my life!  She will be one well-dressed little girl, that's for sure.

Now that the shower is over, I feel like the real countdown has begun.  Time to get everything into place.  Time to return to Babies r' Us with all of the great coupons and grab all the remaining necessities.  Time to finish the baby's room.  Time to make lists and pack hospital bags.  I'm this side of 30 days now, so any day could realistically be THE day.  There's nothing saying she will wait!  ;)  Better to get everything taken care of and in place NOW, rather than scrambling later.

Thanks to everyone who made it today and for all of the gifts - I had such a great time with all the ladies!

(some of the gifts.....well, what I could fit on top of the dresser and in the crib!)

1 comment:

Brandy said...

YAY! So exciting! Girls have SUCH cute stuff. You're so lucky you're going to have one of each!