Monday, May 3, 2010

Weekend Recap.....a day late

This weekend was {mostly} crazy busy.......and I didn't even have a photoshoot!

To start off the weekend, Friday evening, Carter and I were in his room putting his laundry away. And he managed to lock us inside his room. Don't even ask. No, my phone wasn't with me (which wouldn't have helped anyway because Eric was still driving home from Oregon at that specific point in time). My only option was to climb out Carter's window and pray that the side door to the garage was open. I'm notorious for keeping my house locked down like a fort (you just never know with all the crazies out there!), so I wasn't too hopeful that I would be able to get inside. To my great surprise (and relief), the door was unlocked and I was able to get inside through the garage. At that point, I was laughing too hard to be mad at Carter....and Eric got quite the laugh too, once he got home.

Saturday was an extremely busy day. My car was in desperate need of an oil change and rear brake replacement. So we dropped off my car and headed out to breakfast. After we stuffed our bellies, we headed to the mall so that I could scout out Mother's Day gift ideas. We happened upon a beautiful watch that matched my diamond necklace (from my first Mother's Day), and I knew I had to get it.
While I was getting the watch sized, Eric and Carter rode up and down the escalator....Carter is now obsessed. I don't even have to take the kid to the fair this year! We can just go to the mall and ride the escalators!

After picking up my car, I headed over to my mother-in-law's house to have an afternoon full of scrapbooking and chatting. We had a really good time, but I only got three cards done! Since Eric is gone during the weeks, I think I will resume my scrapbooking.


Sunday, we had planned on going shooting, but it was too windy. Not exactly ideal conditions to be shooting. So we went back to the mall to exchange the watch - there was a minor defect. Fortunately, they had another. It was a long trip through the mall, so Carter opted to ride on Eric's shoulders.....we didn't bring the stroller and I sure wasn't going to pay to use one of the mall's strollers.


Sunday evening was a pretty lazy evening....we watched several of the "Life" episodes we had DVR'd from the Discovery Channel. Carter LOVES these shows because he gets to watch and learn about many different animals. He almost makes a better narrator than Oprah! ;) And this child is definitely his father's child - he begged me to tickle his back the entire time. Eric constantly asks me to do this, and my brother was the same way when he was a child. Must be a boy thing!


Hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments: