Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Quote This

I'm a girl that is big on quotes. Some people throughout history have said things that summarize my feelings, down to the last letter. I often find myself searching out quotes to fit a certain mood I happen to be in. I like taking the time to quietly reflect the meaning of the specific quote, and to also read between the lines and apply the quote to my life. Here are some quotes I have compiled in my recent searches.
It is not our purpose to become each other - it is to recognize each other, to learn to see the other, and to honor the person for who they are.


Experience is not what happens to a man. It is what a man does with what happens to him.


Integrity is telling yourself the truth. Honestly is is telling that truth to other people.


Responsibility is not inherited, it is a choice that everyone needs to make at some point in their life.


What you don't see with your eyes, don't witness with your mouth.


The best remedy for a short temper is a long walk.


Stay tuned for more!

3 comments:

Perfectly Unperfect said...

Love these quotes!!! Esp the one-"What you don't see with your eyes, don't witness with your mouth!"

Brilliant!!!

Brandy said...

I am a HUGE quote person too!!

I love "No one can go back and make a brand new start, but anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."

It is my FAVORITE.

Jenn said...

Brandy - that's a fantastic quote