Monday, May 17, 2010

Recap, please!

Carter and I had a fun week by ourselves this week.  Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely grateful that Eric has a good paying job, and it does suck that it currently has him out of town, but Carter and I sure know how to have fun!  This is how I found Carter one morning when I went in to get him ready.....reading.  I love my smart little boy!!

And he managed to get a pretty big scrape on his arm when we were playing out front....his little legs were just taking him too fast!  However, bandaids are "cool" and he was more than happy to let me later his arm up with Neo and sport some bandaids.

He's also huge on cooking lately - as you can tell from ALL of the dishes he dragged out just to make some dirty rice.  I will ask him for the ingredients, and he will go running to the fridge or cabinets to gather them up.  So fun to have a little helper in the kitchen!!

Showing off the boo-boo.
Of course we had to have a little mommy and me photoshoot! 
One evening after work, we ventured over to feed the ducks and geese.  There were TONS of baby geese, so the mamas were hissing and charging Carter.  So we spent most of our time shooing them away.  But he did empty his bread bag, so I'm sure most of the non-rude geese/ducks were happy campers.
Here he is, trying to peek through this door.  What a character.


Friday night, I dropped Carter off at his Grammy's house.  Eric and I were taking a much-needed roadtrip.  Some of my family also made the trip and we had a fantastic time.  And no roadtrip is complete without:
a smoothie!!!

This semi cracked me up - had to have Eric snap a pic and we zoomed by.


We stopped in Twin Falls on the way down.  Eric and I are both adrenaline junkies - I want to bungee jump off of this bridge (though I think it's been outlawed), and Eric wants to go base jumping in the canyon.  Someday, we'll get there.
The Snake River Canyon is just beautiful.  And it was such a nice day outside - we hiked around a little bit before hitting the road again.
Where exactly was our destination, you ask?  Here:
Jackpot!!!! And tomorrow's post will recap the rest of the trip.  :)

2 comments:

CreativeMish said...

Did you get my first post? I got a blogger error when hitting enter

CreativeMish said...

I love the picture of him peeking in the door... and a great show of the bridge over the canyon!