Sunday, March 14, 2010

Weekend Recap

This weekend was a fairly quiet weekend. My hubby headed up to my family's cabin for a guys-only trip. So Carter and I were on our own.

Friday night, right after work, we headed to one of my favorite places:
Saturday was spent doing a lot of playing. We actually woke up to SNOW, so we spent most of the morning playing with Play-Doh. We made numerous creations....Carter is quite creative. It's fun watching him make dinosaurs (or his version anyway). I like to challenge my child through creative outlets - I think it's very important in development.
After playing, eating lunch, and attempting a nap through the howling wind, we made a trip to my parents' house to check out their bathroom remodel. Last week, everything was gutted out. They have now installed the lighting in the ceiling and over the vanity, the medicine cabinet, and have now begun laying the tile. (Note: the green walls in the shower area will not stay green. It's just the water-proofing.)
Saturday evening, I had some girlfriends over for dinner and drinks. The dinner was baked pork chops, rice and veggies. The drinks consisted, among other things, of the following:
It was a great night filled with deep conversations, many laughs, and maybe a little bit of man-bashing. ;)
Today, Carter and I spent a little bit of time doing chores around the house. His favorite thing to help with is laundry.
His favorite part is when we turn on the water. He squeals every time!

Then we made our shopping list for the week and headed to the store. We also decided that it was time to go green and ditch the plastic shopping bags we bring home every weekend. Though we do recycle those, these just seem to make more sense. So we will buy a bundle for the next couple trips and we should be good to go.


Overall, it was a great weekend. I just got in a great workout, following by a refreshing shower, and now it's time to dive into a good movie.

Hope you all had a great weekend, too!

2 comments:

Itskellerific said...

Is that the bathroom that I used when I was at your parent's house last year? If so, it looks MUCH different!

Jenn said...

Wendie - yes, it's the same bathroom! Totally gutted the entire thing and designed a whole new look.