Wednesday, March 17, 2010

BIG

Everything to Carter is BIG lately. BIG schoolbus. BIG truck. BIG cup of milk. BIG slide. You get my drift. So we decided that it was time for him to move into a big boy bed. He has outgrown his toddler bed.....not physically, but the rails are serving no purpose anymore since he hasn't once fallen out. So why continue to keep him confined in the toddler bed when he's clearly ready for the big boy bed?

So I called up my mom because she has been holding a bed for me. The bed that my brother used when he was a boy, and before that, my uncle used when he was a boy. Well, not the mattresses, but the headboard and footboard, which we will be sanding down and re-staining to match Carter's dresser.

In the meantime, the mattress set is on the floor, which works out better anyway since it's the perfect height for Carter. The sanding and re-staining project will be tackled next weekend, and I'm quite excited for it.

Congrats, my big boy! You're moving up in the world!

2 comments:

CreativeMish said...

That is exciting! I bet he loves it!!

Brandy said...

awwwwww. He looks SO cute and SO excited.

I can't believe how big he's getting!!