Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Birth of Kendall - Part 2

Day 2 in the hospital with Kendall was much different than day 2 with Carter.  With Carter, I was still very much bed-ridden.  With Kendall, those nurses came in first thing and announced their plan for me for the day, and made me list of some goals for the day as well.  Um, rest?  Resting sounded like the best plan.  And sure, that was on their agenda too.  But so was getting my IV out (thank god), taking the catheter out, removing the calf massagers (to prevent blood clots), having me get up to pee and shower, and then walking laps around the nurses' station.  Sounded like a tall order to me!  But we made it work.  The IV coming out was the best part - that sucker is 100% uncomfortable.

 We had lots of visitors, too.






 And in between the visitors, I got to take a shower......it was great.  All the tubes were gone and the hot water felt wonderful.  I also ditched the hospital gowns.  I hate those things.  I made a point of grabbing some loose, comfy jammies the week before.
By the time Saturday rolled around, Eric was going pretty stir crazy.  We discussed with my doctor the possibility of going home Saturday versus Sunday.  I actually wanted to stay the extra day simply because I needed all the help I could get at the hospital. 



But Carter was being juggled around and that made me feel guilty, so we finally packed it all up Saturday afternoon and headed home.



2 comments:

Perfectly Unperfect said...

Beautiful pics. I esp like the one with you and Kendall...in your comfy jammies of course...such a sweet pic.

Also the ones with Carter and his baby sister. Too precious!

♥Jacqueline said...

Love your new header! :)