Sunday, April 10, 2011

Baby #2's Room - A Tour

So we finally finished up the baby's room this weekend.  Really, it was all put together, but we needed to get the wall decor arranged and hung on the walls.  Seems simple enough....and this might be why it was put off for so long.  So, without further delay, here is a photo tour of the baby's room.

The crib:

 I actually let Eric pick out the bedding.....at first, I really didn't like it.  But the more I was in the room, the more it grew on me.  I'm okay with it now.  ;)
 I like that it's not overwhelmingly pink.  I'm not a fan of pink.

This is the crib sheet - I think it's totally adorable:
 These four prints are hanging over the crib.  They were given to me by my aunt - she still had all of her girls' room decor from when they were babies.  So decorating this room really didn't cost us much at all!  My kind of style!
 These two pieces are also by the crib, and are actually from the entire bedroom set where we got the crib bedding.  So they are a perfect match and oh so cute.
 My mom is currently working on re-doing the padding for the rocking chair.  The former padding was what she made for Carter....which was blue. 
 The color and pattern she is using is extremely similar to this:  (from the crib bedding)
 The area rug is also from my aunt.....I believe she said everything was from pottery barn (a place from which I only dream of shopping).
 The colors matched the other colors in the room quite nicely, so we decided to go ahead and use it.
 These four prints and the lamp are also from my aunt.


 And this little guy was actually made by me a couple years ago at a crafting night at my mother-in-law's house.  It's actually supposed to be a Valentine's Day decoration, but the colors match the room and I think it's super cute.  So we hung it up and I'm pleased with it.
So that's the room.  Other than a happy, chubby baby, the house is 100% ready to go.  Just barely over a week now!

2 comments:

CreativeMish said...

Everything looks fabulous! So excited!

♥Jacqueline said...

How fun & cute! Good Luck and Congrats again guys! :)