Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pregnancy Tracker - 16 weeks

So, over the course of the last week, I had two doctor appointments (Tuesday, actually).  One was for the second part of the blood draw I had 4 weeks ago, and the second was just my routine 4 week interval check-up.  The blood draw was a royal pain - my veins were NOT cooperating, so I have several poke marks and a big bruise on the inside of my elbow.  Not exactly the most pleasant experience. 

However, the check-up went great - we got to hear the heartbeat for a little bit.  We took Carter with us, and as the doctor was trying to find the heartbeat, Carter asked him "are you taking the baby out?" It was pretty funny, and my doc was great about explaining that it wasn't time yet, that the baby needed to get much bigger (but not too big, ok?) before it was time for it to come out and play.  I'm glad Carter was interested in the appointment.  The big day is December 7th - when we have the ultrasound to determine the sex of this baby.  We can finally stop calling it an IT!  We have a really informal list of name for either sex - no, I'm not sharing.  ;)

Here is what babycenter.com says about my 16th week of pregnancy:

Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double its weight and add inches to its length. Right now, it's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. Its legs are much more developed, its head is more erect than it has been, and its eyes have moved closer to the front of its head. Its ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of its scalp has begun, though its locks aren't recognizable yet. It has even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, its heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day (CRAZY!!), and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

I know I promised belly pictures, but with Eric's crazy work schedule, it's been hard to find time to dig George out of hiding.  So I really promise this time that we'll have some up next week.  Pinky swear!

1 comment:

CreativeMish said...

I can hardly wait to find out!