Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Fair - Day Two

We ventured out to the fair again last night - I picked last night because a ton of the Boise schools started yesterday, and I was hoping that most of the parents wouldn't be taking their families to the fair.  My gamble paid off.  There really weren't that many people there at all.  It was easy to maneuver around the entire fair, though we basically stayed by the rides. 

So the only animals we encountered were the ponies, which Carter wanted to ride.  He really liked them last year, and this year was no different.


The rest of the evening was devoted to rides for Carter. 

First, he went on a caterpillar roller coaster.  And he was a pro right off the bat - look at those arms up in the air!!
Next we hit up the smaller version of the BIG swings.  This was by far his favorite ride.

Next, I decided to try a ride with him.  Usually I just sit these out because the spinning and going in circles, or the ones that spin WHILE going in circles just doesn't bode well with my stomach.  Especially now that I'm pregnant - I don't want to push my luck!  But I did go on the "flying elephants" (wouldn't that be something?!) with him and we had a great time!  Eric had a really hard time snapping a decent picture while the ride was in motion (amateur, sheesh!), so he got one of us right when we got off the ride.

Next up was some jeep action.  This one was a little basic for him, but he had an older girl with him, and he had to show of his jeep-drivin' skills.  ;-)

We let him pick out the next ride, and he chose the dragon roller coaster.  This one didn't allow parents, so we loaded him up on his own.  He did NOT like this ride.  I think without someone else in the car with him, he got thrown around a little bit, and he was actually crying to get out by the end.  :(

So we totally redeemed the dragon love by letting him ride the carousel.


Our last stop on the way out was at a place where I created a "masterpiece" every year at the fair as a child.  The splatter barrels!!  We let Carter create his own, which will go somewhere in his bedroom.

The fair this year was totally fun (mostly because I wasn't 9 months pregnant, or dealing with a baby).  Carter really held his own (no strollers this year!) and we all had a great time!

No comments: