Sunday, August 15, 2010

Another Day on the Water

I know we were just playing in the water yesterday.  And I know I just wanted a relaxing weekend to be lazy before Eric takes off to Stanley for a month....but Carter talked me into the water again today. Honestly, he didn't even mention the river.  He just said "swimming" and I figured we could drive a whole five minutes out of our way and enjoy the gorgeous day outside.  So I'm a push-over....and I can't deny my boy's baby-blues.  You try it.  So off to the river we went.



And of course, Carter spent much of the time throwing rocks.  And Eric and I had a friendly competition to see who could throw a rock all the way across the river. (I won, shhhh)
And we actually walked all the way across the river too - it wasn't deep at all where we were.  And there were tons of little baby fish in the water - Carter was beside himself trying to point at every single one!

And I really did try my hardest to get Eric to snap some good pictures of Carter and me because let's face it, I'm always the one BEHIND the camera and it would be nice to have some good ones of just Carter and me.  But teaching a man how to operate this camera just doesn't work - so we got what we got, and I'm good with it.  ;)  The important thing is that we had a great time.
And now we're back home.  The child is in bed.  The windows are open.  And I'm off to read a good book.

Hope you all had a good weekend, too!

1 comment:

♥Jacqueline said...

I completely understand the behind the camera scenario, and he has nothing to do with knowing anything about my camera. lol. Glad to see you guys had a great time, love the river :)