Saturday, August 9, 2008

I demand to know.......

....what has happened to my child? What happened to my quiet little reserved Carter? Who played quietly, cried quietly, and would say "mama and dada" in soft, oh-so-cute tones. Where did this child go? I now have a child who screams while he plays (in delight, not distress), cries "loud" (though I am still told by others that he doesn't know how to "really" cry), and now yells "DADA!!!!" all through the house, with every crawling movement....all....day....long. (are you laughing at me yet?)
Here are some pictures from snack time over the last couple days. Please note in these pictures his organizational skills. I know what you are thinking. You are thinking back to my previous post where I mention that I, myself, could possibly display a very tiny symptom of OCD. And now I wonder if my son is now displaying these symptoms. (in all reality, I AM just joking....I'm not the type of parent to diagnose her child with various "diseases". it's all in good fun) Please note that all the "fishes" have been moved off to the side, in the silverware portion of his tray. All by themselves, to play with those that look like them. He does this every time at snack time. It's like he organizes his food into like colors, like textures, etc. Do I have a boy genius on my hands?


In these snack pictures, I would like you to note the messiness of his hands, which he has chosen to lather into his fine, blonde hair. Look, ma! I'm sure that's what he is saying to me as I snap these pictures. It was not a scheduled bath night.....however, it quickly turned into one. I let him marinate in the juices of his pineapple and "fishes" before tossing (not really) him into the tub.


And finally, here is a display of nap time. We have moved his crib all the way to the bottom level because he has threatened to crawl/climb out. And I believe him. My child tells no lies (yet). So now, every time I go in to check on him, he is in this position.....standing against the bars that prevent his freedom, wailing for me to free him from his comfy prison. It's a fight we have. I choose to just let him lay in there and chat himself to sleep. He always seems to talk himself into it. :-]

2 comments:

Adorned with Lace said...

oh jenn, I was cracking up on this one. I love how he set the goldfish to the side. that cracks me up. I'd love to see this guy with peanut butter and jelly. :)

CreativeMish said...

LOL! I love it when they get vocal! the eating time is funny! I love how he separates the fish. At least they're not being thrown on the floor. I agree with Ash.. Peanut butter and jelly would be funny!

you have an award on my blog..