Sunday, May 18, 2008

Weekend Recap ... Part 1

Eric and I decided Thursday night that we were going to head up to the mountain for a day trip on Saturday. We decided to head up to Idaho City to play in the hot springs, the river, and Eric could fish while Carter and I played.

Well, that plan didn't actually play out. We drove around, taking the scenic route, for five long hours. I would have been fine with the outing, but I felt bad for Carter, who was confined to his car seat. So I was impatient, to say the least. I wanted to be laying on the blanket with Carter, listening to the river. Needless to say, Eric and I were barking at each other the whole trip.

Couldn't get him to look at the camera.


Some random cave across the river, in the side of the mountain. We saw several caves.



As if that wasn't enough fun, Eric got a flat tire. I could see it coming because he really wasn't avoiding any rocks in the road. So when I heard the tire pop, I wasn't entirely surprised and politely informed Eric 'you have a flat tire'. So Carter and I played in the truck while Eric got the spare and replaced the flat. We finally got to stop and have our little picnic. The weather was perfect. Not too hot, a nice breeze.

Then we decided to head home - and took the short way. ;)

No comments: