Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sleep

So I used to have a bumper thing in Carter's crib to keep him from rolling onto his face while sleeping. I just looked it up - a sleep positioner. Anyway, it's to incline babies slightly and to keep them from rolling into their face, reducing the risk of SIDS.


(not Carter)

Anyway, I'm not sure what the recommended age is to stop using this sleep positioner, but I just took it out of the crib last week. I think the cut-off age for a risk of SIDS is 7 months, so I finally felt safe in leaving Carter asleep in his crib overnight without his sleep positioner. He's all over that crib!!! I find him asleep in his stomach, his side, his back......even sideways!! He's in napping right now and I had to snap a couple pictures of him because it cracked me up.


I really do recommend this sleep positioner, or one like it, to all moms out there because it really did give me peace of mind knowing that Carter wasn't going to end up with his face in the mattress and no way to roll himself over.


No comments: