Saturday, February 21, 2015

Paint 'n Sip

This week has been crazy hectic. At home, we are training the puppy. At work, the post-trial madness is in full swing. In addition to the post-trial stuff, I had another shareholder request that I be his paralegal. So that now makes four shareholders and a few associates. Needless to say, I'm not at all concerned about that billable hour requirement anymore. Whew!
 
Last night, a group of us ladies from work headed out to do a paint 'n sip to celebrate a birthday. Some had done this before, but I never had. I like to think I'm somewhat artistic, simply because of my love of scrapbooking. But painting is totally different. I'm more of structured "artist", versus freestyle - hence my dream house that I designed many moons ago when I wanted to be an architect. But I thought, hey, this is beginner painting....can't be all that hard, right? We all met up for drinks and appetizers beforehand, and it was a fun night!
 
The first thing we did was prime the canvas. This simply involved taking the large paint brush and lightly brushing water all over the canvas.
 
 
The next step was to prepare our outline. We did this with yellow paint. We were using acrylic paint, which dries in a couple of minutes and allows you to paint over it with any color.
 
 
Brenda and me creating our masterpieces.
 
 
Some of our group.
 
 
 My finished product. The instructor used some strange color combinations, which didn't impress me, but hey, it was all about having fun and we sure accomplished that!
 
 
Our full group!
 

No comments: