Monday, October 6, 2014

A Lazy Weekend - What's That?!

 
I actually had a somewhat lazy weekend this weekend. And it felt so good! I had a family shoot Friday night and then another Saturday morning, but once I knocked those out of the way, it was smooth sailing. Except for the fact that I think I'm allergic to naps. I tried both days and failed miserably. I guess I need to retrain my body to embrace those naps!
 
Friday at work, I convinced them to turn on one of the TVs to the playoffs. Seriously - we have like 8 massive TVs and they had quite a few going during the World Cup. It's only fair that we extend the same courtesy to the baseball lovers, right? So once I got home from work, I turned the TV on for more baseball and convinced the kids that we needed to play in the living room. I mean really, mom doesn't have time to play outside when the playoffs are on. ;) Fortunately, they were on board.
 
 
 
Saturday, after my shoot, we had to get in some time outside. I can only lock them inside for so long. ;)  And to be honest, I have no problem letting Carter play out front alone. I can see him when he's playing, and we live on a very quiet (cul-de-sac) street with little traffic. However, I'm not comfortable letting Kendall just run free out front without me there. So I sat out front while they played for a little while.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sunday was the laziest day, for sure. After breakfast, I built a massive fort and that pretty much kept them occupied for hours. They brought in 8,000 toys, pillows, blankets, stuffed animals, etc. You can bet NO ONE wanted to clean up that mess. Funny how that works! ;)
 
 
 
 
They also had an epic pillow fight on my bed, which turned into a tickle fest. Goofy kids!
 
 
 
 

No comments: