Monday, June 3, 2013

The Braces Adventure - more post-op updates

So today, I am officially 10 days post-op. I had a follow-up with the surgeon this morning and it went really well. He was very pleased with the progress I have made thus far, and very optimistic that the end result is going to be everything I want it to be. Yes! He turned the expander for me, so he could watch how the two sides of the mouth were moving, and he said it was perfect. Despite the redneck gap between my two front teeth, this is wonderful. I'm very please to see progress and to hear that everything is right on track. I go back in for another follow-up in a week, and at that time, should be totally done expanding. I'm sure the gap won't be so "cute" at that point, and I will be ready to put the bands on the top teeth and move forward to the next step.
 
Here is a video I did last night - as you can see, the swelling is about 85% down. I notice it comes up in the mornings, which is normal. But as long as I stay on top of the Ibuprofen, it looks and feels great.
 
 
Here's to progress!

No comments: