Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Weekend Recap

So this week was a bear. I went back to work Wednesday but only worked part of the day. I hit a wall and literally couldn't stay awake. I don't know if this was due to the pain meds, or my body still trying to recover from the two surgeries.....either way, I could not stay awake another minute that day. I came home and slept for 3.5 hours and it was GLORIOUS. I decided that I needed to cut out the pain meds because they just make me feel so disconnected and that's not something I can do at work. Thursday evening, it caught up to me. I was literally on the kitchen floor, bawling from the pain. So I again had to analyze the pain meds situation. I knew I needed them, but I had to find a way to use them AND still function in life and at work. I found something that works and I'm pleased. However, the week took a lot out of me, so I warned Eric ahead of time that this weekend was going to be about relaxing.
 
For some reason, the kids are seriously into sleeping in. I'm not sure what happened, but I'm not complaining! Before, Carter would always be up at 7:00 or 7:30, even on the weekends. During the week, this doesn't bug me because I'm already up and getting ready for work. But on the weekends, come on. That's just too early. Since we got back from Disneyland, he has suddenly been sleeping until 8:30 or 9:00. So this weekend, that was heaven for me. I set my alarm for 9:00 and would go wake Kendall up and our day would commence.  Yesterday, I took it easy. I did some light cleaning, did some reading, got in a nap while Eric cleaned our cars, and later in the afternoon, we all headed down to Bown Crossing to play in the river. I love this spot because it is far less populated than the main portion of the Boise greenbelt. I think we saw 9 people total. I was so nice. We sat around on a little beach, threw rocks, watched the dogs play in the water, snapped some pictures (naturally), and visited with the other people walking by. It was so peaceful. We came home and ate dinner on the patio, I watched some baseball, and then did some more reading before going to bed. It was the perfect day.
 
I tried to recreate that today and pretty much succeeded. More reading, light cleaning, website work, sitting on the patio while the kids played in the water, and watched more baseball. Relaxation definitely happened for me this weekend, which makes me so happy.










No comments: