Thursday, May 9, 2013

The Disneyland Adventure: Day 2

Day 2 was spent entirely at Disneyland. There were a few sprinkles of rain here and there, but nothing that deterred a zillion people from coming. We stopped for breakfast before going into the park, and there was a balloon guy making balloon characters for all of the kids. Carter chose Buzz Lightyear. After breakfast, we went back to the hotel to make sure Buzz had a safe place to stay all day (I sure wasn't going to carry him around).

 
 
Pinocchio was standing along main street, so Carter rushed over to see him.
 
 
 
 
 
We made a bee-line to Space Mountain because we knew the line would only get longer as the day went on. The wait time was posted at 35 minutes, but I know we stood there for close to an hour. Carter absolutely LOVED Space Mountain. I remember it from when I went as a kid, but my stomach didn't thoroughly enjoy it this time around.
 
Next we headed over to Buzz Lightyear's Astro-Blasters. This was a seriously fun ride - totally interactive. 
 
 
Another one that was totally dark, so excuse the blurred pics.
 
 
 
 
 
(Space Mountain)
 
 
 
Next, we waited in line for the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage. The line was really long as well, and the ride ended up being a total bust. But Carter liked it, so that's all that matters.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 We also went on the Matterhorn, which was one of Carter's favorite rides. Personally, I think they need to add a little cushion to their bobsleds because my back and butt were seriously hurting.
 
We also went to Autopia, which was another one of Carter's favorites. I rode with him and let him "drive". Even though the cars are on a guided track, there is room enough to swerve. Carter is a TERRIBLE driver! He claimed "it was the car, mom!" Sure....I'm betting that's what he tells me when he's 15, too.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I definitely sat out the teacups in Alice's Wonderland. Spinning while spinning is NOT my idea of a good time.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We also decided to tour the castle. This wasn't an option when I was a kid. There were stairways and windows and books, which all told the story of Sleeping Beauty.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Waiting for the massive carousel.
 
 
 
We also took the storybook land cruise, which was late in the evening.
 
 
 
To give our legs a rest, we took the train all the way around the park.
 
 
I reallllllly wish the lady had focused my camera before taking this picture because it's one of my favorites, yet ruined.
 
 
 
We found a great seat for the fireworks display, which ended up being cut short due to the rain. It was not raining. Total bummer! But at least we saw a few minutes' worth.
 
 
 
 
On the way out of the park, Carter saw Goofy. He didn't get Goofy's autograph the day before because Goofy was on his way to perform in a show.
 
And Goofy was super impressed with Carter's hat!
 
 
When it was time for bed, Carter had already crashed for the night. And this is exactly how I found him - I'm not kidding. Buzz was even tucked in with him. So cute!
 
 
Stay tuned for Day 3!

No comments: