Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Pat on the Back

I interrupt your regularly scheduled programming so that I may take a moment to brag.....about myself. That's right. I don't often take big chances in life.  I will take that leap if I'm pretty sure of the outcome, and this was one of those times.

I was talked into entering some photos at the Western Idaho Fair this year.  Not something I would normally do, but hey, I thrive on competing and figured it was time to see how my stuff did.  So I went down and entered my photos - I chose the professional category because I fit within the parameters.  One photo that I knew would place was my bridge picture.  I haven't met a person who doesn't like it.  My brother had it framed in his house.  My parents have it framed in their house.  And I have a huge print of it framed in my house.  It's awesome....if I do say so, myself.  ;)

So when I went down yesterday to place my business card on my photos for some free advertising while the fair is going on, I noticed a shiny ribbon hanging from my lovely bridge picture.  A red ribbon, signifying I had earned second place.  Second place!!!  Out of all the people in the state who entered their photos in the specific category, I won second!  I stood there, pretty shocked....and yes, I cried.  I think people were wondering if I was okay because it's just a photo, ya know.  ;)  So I snapped a quick picture with my phone and skipped off, back to work.  Here is the phone pic......we're going back on Monday with Carter for family day, so I will take more formal pictures and post them later.

No comments: