Thursday, January 6, 2011

Pregnancy Tracker - 24 weeks

So this marks my 24th week - the beginning of the 6th month.  4 months to go!  We ventured out tonight to the 70% off clearance rack at Penny's - they had the CUTEST stuff!  It was fun shopping for this little girl.  :)  I also had a checkup yesterday, where we discussed my episodes of feeling like I'm going to faint.  NOT FUN.  Basically, another talk about increasing my water intake....which I figured was coming since I had the same problem during my pregnancy with Carter.  Bottom's up!

My next appointment is set for the beginning of February, and at that time, we will schedule the date for the c-section.  I still don't like the idea of picking my child's birthdate, but it is what it is and a c-section is the option I feel most comfortable with given the complications Carter and I both had during his labor and ultimate emergency c-section.  And who knows, we may pick a date and this little girl could come the day before - wanting to make her own grand entrance!

We have narrowed it down to three names......we won't pick a name until she is born and we can decide which one fits her.

Here is what babycenter.com says about the pregnancy at 24 weeks:

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts her at just over a pound. Since she's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), she cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but her body is filling out proportionally and she'll soon start to plump up. Her brain is also growing quickly now, and her taste buds are continuing to develop. Her lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help her air sacs inflate once she hits the outside world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

Stay tuned next week.....I'm going to put Eric behind the camera again for some updated pictures.

No comments: