Thursday, October 7, 2010

Pregnancy Tracker: 11 Weeks

So I'm 11 weeks along now.  I really don't have any big updates other than most of the nausea is gone, for which I'm quite grateful.  I've been doing a lot of relaxing lately - even though I spent last weekend at the cabin getting all our firewood for the winter.  I was basically just a supervisor because no one was allowing me to do any work.  However, I did spend a brief moment sprinting for my life as an 80' tree came crashing down right on top of where I had been standing.  That got the heart going!!!  Other than that, I'm taking it easy and listening to my body.  No crazy cravings yet.

Here's what babycenter.com says about my baby at 11 weeks:

Your baby, just over 1 1/2 inches long and about the size of a fig, is now almost fully formed. Her hands will soon open and close into fists, tiny tooth buds are beginning to appear under her gums, and some of her bones are beginning to harden.

She's already busy kicking and stretching, and her tiny movements are so effortless they look like water ballet. These movements will become more frequent as her body grows and becomes more developed and functional. You won't feel your baby's acrobatics for another month or two — nor will you notice the hiccupping that may be happening now that her diaphragm is forming.  (Carter hiccupped almost the entire pregnancy.)

No comments: