Monday, October 4, 2010

Book Review: A Blessed Event

I was really unsure of this book when I picked it up.  Based on the synopsis on the inside cover, it almost seemed like it was going to be too........"religious" for me.  And add to that the fact that it was a new author I had never read, I was really hesitant to read it.  However, since I'm pregnant, and this story seemed to largely revolve around a baby, I decided I wanted to read it.  And I'm so glad that I gave it a chance because while it did spend some time dealing with religion in a sense that certain events tested the characters' faith, the bigger story made it all worth it.  In the words of the author, "The story, I hope, has universal themes of friendship, family, and redemption."  And that's exactly what it is - a genuine LIFE story that tests the bonds of a lifelong friendship and a new-ish marriage.

The book was really good and I hope to seek out more from this author.


No comments: