Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Boise Fire Department Toy Brigade

Every year, my office has quite the competitive toy drive for the kids at the Ronald McDonald House, St. Luke's Children's Hospital, and City Light. This year, we had such an amazing amount of donations (it got a little competitive) so the Boise Fire Department extended an offer to have two people do a ride-along to pass out the toys to the kids.
 
(PBL Toy Drive)
 
 
I jumped all over that opportunity, and decided this would be a great life lesson for Carter. So today, we met up with the Boise Fire Department and rode the BSU fire truck to pass out toys. What an amazing experience! We rode on the top of the fire truck, so it was COLD! But holy cow, did we have a great time! And what a humbling experience at the St. Luke's Children's Hospital. One kid came running up to Santa and said "Santa! I made it another year!" Talk about crying my eyes out. Like 14 times. Putting smiles on those kids' faces is truly the meaning of Christmas. I'm so glad Carter got to experience this, and I was so happy to share this day with him.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: