Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Braces Adventure: 1 year post-op

Well, it's officially been one year since my surgery (surgeries if you count the second, emergency surgery, and then the extraction several months later for the one bottom front tooth).  I had two gaps to close, both of which are now completely closed. The bite looks great, though I still have another full year in braces to do all of the fine-tuning. My entire mouth is different than it was a year ago.
 
I have also lost 50 pounds and consider myself a gym rat now. This entire process has been quite the ordeal and I'm still not sure I would EVER recommend it to anyone whose orthodontist and/or oral surgeon suggest this course of treatment. It's been a battle, a struggle, a challenge.....you name it. But I do feel like the end result will be completely worth it. I guess in one year, I will make that final determination. For now, here's a small video kind of documenting the progress, to date.


No comments: