Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

Mother's Day this year was very quiet, as I knew it would be. Friday, Carter's class had a Mother's Day "tea", which wasn't really tea, and program. It was the most adorable thing. There were tons of goodies and drinks, and then the class put on these songs and skits, and gave their moms flowers and drawings. My mom came with me, and the cute were SO.CUTE. 










Friday night was busy as it was Carter's school carnival. The kids had such a fun time. I figured most of the stuff would be indoors in the gym, so my jeans, t-shirt, and flip flops clearly made for a miserable time outside. But we stayed for the whole two hours, and participated in many of the games and fun activities. Both kids won several prizes, and of course candy and other carnival food. Took me back to the days of our school carnivals, which were always so fun!






Sunday, I had a quiet morning with my kiddos, and then we went to my parents' house to spend time with my mom. My parents are in the process of remodeling their entire family room, including the fireplace. The tile has begun on the fireplace, so while the kids were napping, my dad and I navigated our way through some of the initial cuts while watching baseball on TV. It was a great mother's day to just spend with my family.




I had my mom grab a quick picture with my and the kids, so I apologize for the remodel background. Love those kiddos!


And here's a throw-back of my mom and me on my first birthday.


Happy Mother's Day, mom!

No comments: