Thursday, September 2, 2010

Pregnancy Tracker - 6 weeks

Today marks my sixth week of pregnancy.  So far, I'm hoping that this pregnancy goes as well as Carter's did - meaning NO sickness.  I haven't developed any back pain yet (which started almost immediately with Carter - and lasted the entire 9 months), so maybe I will avoid that this time around. Wishful thinking!!! I'm trying to figure out the best time to take my prenatal vitamins - taking them at night makes me feel sick the next morning.  One of my friends told me to take them in the morning, WITH food.  I will try that and see how it works out - I remember having this same problem with Carter, and I believe I was just taking them every other day at that point.

The only thing that seems to be causing me any sort of grief is the thought of that damn epidural again.  With Carter, I got one TWICE.  And even in the midst of labor, with adrenaline running at its highest, that shot still hurt more than anything I have ever felt in my life.  So the thought of having on this time, without labor, scares the crap out of me.  If you don't know, I had to have an emergenc c-section with Carter.  And after it was all said and done, my doctor advised me that my pelvis was too narrow and that I couldn't have delivered Carter, no matter how hard I pushed.  So I decided to go for an elective c-section this time around - to avoid any stress or duress to this baby.  So, back to my original point: the thought of just walking into the hospital in no pain whatsoever, and having an epidural.......eep!!! 

ANYWAY - let's move on to better things......what's going on with the sixth week:

This week's major developments: The nose, mouth, and ears that you'll spend so much time kissing in eight months are beginning to take shape. If you could see into your uterus, you'd find an oversize head and dark spots where your baby's eyes and nostrils are starting to form. HER emerging ears are marked by small depressions on the sides of the head, and HER arms and legs by protruding buds. HER heart is beating about 100 to 160 times a minute — almost twice as fast as yours — and blood is beginning to course through HER body. HER intestines are developing, and the bud of tissue that will give rise to HER lungs has appeared. HER pituitary gland is forming, as are the rest of HER brain, muscles, and bones. Right now, your baby is a quarter of an inch long, about the size of a lentil.

2 comments:

Perfectly Unperfect said...

Even after all that has happened, I am truly happy for you!

I wish you a smooth sailing pregnancy.

♥Jacqueline said...

Taking the prenatals in the morning worked better for me, personally. I also took the omega-3 pills too. Hopefully everything goes like last time for ya ;) Can't wait to see what's going on next week :)