Saturday, September 11, 2010

Never Forget: September 11, 2001



Where were you on that day?

Ironically, I had just returned from a tropical vacation one month prior. On the day of this disaster, I was at school at BSU. It was very early in the morning, and one of the professors asked what we all thought of the plane crash. I honestly had no clue what anyone was talking about. After that class was over, I stopped at a pay phone and called my then-boyfriend to ask him if he was going in to work that day (I still had no clue). He told me that he doubted many people at all would be going to work that day, and I asked him why. He told me that there were some plane crashes in New York City. I still didn't know what he was talking about, so I went on to my next class. At that point, the University made an announcement that all classes for the day were cancelled and that they were setting up TV's all over the SUB for people who wanted to stay on campus and watch the news. I decided to go home since I didn't have to be to work until much later in the day. I was GLUED to my couch all morning, watching the unbelievable events take place over and over on my screen. Even when I got to work, the phones were silent and everyone was set up in the conference room, watching multiple TV's and news coverage. Everything that we had deemed so important in our daily lives had completely stopped. Every single person was stunned, in shock, and crying. I will never forget that day.

How did it affect you

1 comment:

♥Jacqueline said...

That day happened when my life DID NOT include the news. I was at home watching Matlock and my dad stopped by to drop off my bday card and said this to me, "I thought I would come by and give this to you. I can't stay long, I'm afraid a plane may crash my truck." (My dad's a redneck) and I was like, "What are you talking about?!" He then said, "Don't you watch the news?" So we put on the news and sat there for at least 2 hours in amazement! I could not believe the events that had taken place.

To my relief, was very relieved that a cousin of mine had just moved back to the state of WA a week prior, because she could have been one in that horrible disaster.

It was a horrible catastrophe that should NOT have happened...

My thoughts are with all of those families, because I could not imagine the pain they feel each and every year, a reminder.

:(