Monday, July 5, 2010

Celebrating Independence Day

For the 4th this year, we opted to stick with what we did last year:  a BBQ at our house with family, followed by fireworks.  The food was amazing - I think everyone left with full, happy bellies.



This boy loves ice cream - if you can't tell.

My mother in law wore her festive flip flops - I love these!  I definitely need to make some for myself.  She basically used Old Navy flip flops and lots of her scrapbooking ribbon.  Very easy to make, and pretty cheap too.  She said she also has a BSU pair - awesome!


We started out with some basic sparklers for Carter, showing him how to write his name and draw all the shapes.


The we moved out front for the bigger fireworks - the hubby is quite daring....a boy will always be a boy.
I hope everyone had a safe and fun time!

1 comment:

Perfectly Unperfect said...

Love the MIL flip flops! They are way too cute!

Also, I love that top you have on!! You are stylin'!!!