Sunday, January 11, 2015

Movie Reviews

 
Can I just say this trial SUCKS?
 
I can't even begin to tell you how many hours I have worked over the course of the last two weeks. Oh wait, sure I can. 80 hours one week, 67 this week. (Patiently awaiting those overtime checks, I might add.)  This trial has been like nothing I have ever experienced. I have been involved in numerous trials, in various capacities. This trial takes the cake as far as high level involvement, last minute prep, scrambling DURING the trial to find documents (when the attorneys don't even know what they are, no less) and mark them as new exhibits, flying over to the courthouse (sometimes 6-7 times each day) to run in documents, etc. Most days, I'm here at the office at 7:00 in the morning and not getting home until 11:00 at night. It's maddening and I have reached the end of my rope. The judge held court yesterday - that's right:  SATURDAY. The jurors were THRILLED about that. And we worked today, as well. I have worked 14 days straight. My billable hours for this month are going to be through the roof. The minute this trial is over, I'm taking the rest of the month off. 
 
After court wrapped up last night, I wanted nothing more than to veg. I was actually home in time to make dinner for my family, and I rented a couple of movies to accomplish that vegging.
 
 
Reclaim was actually a really good movie, based on (I'm sure) real events. The premise surrounded child trafficking, which is a very real and growing issue worldwide. And on a shallow note, I picked this movie to stare at Ryan Phillippe. Come on - he's certainly not the best actor out there, but when he's shirtless, his script can be a phone book for all I care. Bottom line:  this movie was fairly decent. And let's give props to John Cusack for doing a stellar job, as usual.
 
 
 
 
Oh, Denzel. He is so incredible and I will watch 99% of the movies he puts out. This was a great movie. I love watching him in these methodical roles - he really shines. He plays a former CIA-type guy, sort of doing his own vigilante justice in the world. It definitely has some great action and I really enjoyed this one in the few hours I had today away from the office.

No comments: