Wednesday, January 6, 2010

***Yet Another Update***

Many people have been asking for updates on Eric. He is doing well in his recovery. He is still on a 5 pound lifting restriction....which he follows. Sometimes. Stubborn patient, what can I say. His lung capacity (on the lung that was collapsed during surgery) is back to 100%. He has been doing exercises to get back his range of motion (he couldn't even lift his arms to a 90 degree angle to his body) and can now lift his arms over his head. He is still basically confined to one sleeping position (on his back.....which makes him snore. loud.), which is extremely frustrating for him. But it's better than the alternative.....our motto these days. He has a follow up apppointment with his surgeon in a couple of weeks (not soon enough) and we will find out (via another echo) if the third hole in his heart managed to heal on its own. If it hasn't, they will basically do an angioplasty to make the hole heal. We're obviously hoping that doesn't have to happen. Other than all the medical crap, he's doing great. He hasn't taken a pain pill in a couple days now - which totally blows my mind. His sternum and ribs are basically wired shut until they fuse back together. It's painful just to type! I don't know how he's managing without pain pills. One tough man!! And one lucky man.....he knows it.
Here are some new pictures. The scab on the incision is totally gone now. I'm thinking the scar will heal quite nicely. My scar from my c-section shrank down from about the same length (obviously horizontally) to about 3 inches. I don't know if his scar will do the same. Only time will tell.

How long is that scar, you ask? Mr. Framer just happened to have a tape measure handy and I had him provide us with a visual.


Thank you again for all of the well wishes and help we have received.

1 comment:

Queen of the Misfits said...

I ran across your blog a couple weeks ago... when you had the 1st story on here. Crazy. My hubby is a framer as well. I showed him all of this and now he says he has a new respect for his trusty nail gun! Glad everything is going smoother for you guys!