Sunday, January 24, 2010

Let's Catch Up, Shall We?

Let's just assume, for all intesive purposes of this post, that my life has been busy. Haven't I been saying that since.....I don't even remember. A while. Definitely a while. So I am a little behind on posting some updates. So I am here to catch you up on the happenings in my life.

Last weekend, we had an impromptu girls' night at my house. We had a fantastic meal, which quickly lead into a Wii tournament. There were definitely some adult beverages included, so the tourney got a little entertaining.

{Me, my sister-in-law Janelle, and my longtime (ok, since we were in diapers) friend, Abby}



{Me and Abby}

Bowling was definitely a good source of entertainment, especially since Abby had her best form on display!


Even the husband got involved.....though I'm certain he didn't win.


In the middle of the week.....couldn't tell you which day.....the boy rediscovered his obsession with the spray bottle. I'm not sure what the fascination is, but I'm all for cheap entertainment.


We also had a follow up appointment with Eric's cardiothoracic surgeon this last week. Everything checked out great, though the surgeon is still keeping him off of work for another two months. Yes, months. For someone who is already going stir-crazy (him, not me), this was not the best of news. But we'll take it for what it is, and keep pushing through the recovery. Along with this news came the realization that we needed to start saving money since worker's comp isn't covering 100% of his wages. So we opted to reduce Carter's time at daycare - the most obvious choice for saving money. The new schedule starts tomorrow and I really hope both Eric and Carter have the patience for this change. It's definitely going to be an adjustment for both (moreso Eric than Carter), but I'm confident it will work out.

So, in celebration of the good news, we headed out for a very nice dinner with my family, and then out for a much-needed adult night out. We gathered up some friends and hit our longtime favorite, Shorty's.

{Me and Nicole}


{The hubby and me}


{Rob and Nicole}


And since the boys wouldn't let us play in their super cool game of pool, Nicole and I started our own game. We are much better.

Sunday was a day of R&R. It was mostly spent watching tennis in the morning (way to go, Roddick!!) and attempting various chores around the house. Carter and I opted for some comfort food in the form of mac n' cheese. He LOVES helping me cook.





And we also worked on some smaller issues, like blowing our own nose. Which apparently shouldn't be done unsupervised.


And helping mommy clean the bathrooms.



Which turned into NOT so much of the helping part, but more of a fashion show of the shoes in daddy's closet.

Hey, at least he provides entertainment while I do the work! "A" for effort, little buddy.

1 comment:

Adorned with Lace said...

I LOVE all these pictures of Carter! It's so great how you capture all these candid moments. haha he's sooo cute!:) I am a proud auntie!