Sunday, October 4, 2015

A Camping Weekend

It was that time of year to head up to Boiling Springs for some fall camping. It sure was chilly this weekend! And holy cow, there were a TON of people up camping in the area. The kids and I had a great time hanging out with my parents, Rod, Taunya, Matt, and Lori.
 
Early morning football.
 
 
 
My kids spent the majority of the weekend sitting/playing/rolling in the dirt. Good thing there was a river right by us to toss them in!  ;)
 
 
 
Reading in the peace and quiet. Wait, was there any this weekend???
 
 
There were a few caterpillars crawling around - the kids managed to find some.
 
 
 
 
And of course, many 4 wheeler rides.
 
 
I sure wish Carter had held still for this picture!  (in my defense, I realized much later in the day that one of my normal settings on the camera had been messed with)
 
 
One of the camps near us was a group of people cleaning up the hiking trails. They had several horses. The first time, the kids were very hesitant to even pet the horses. By Sunday morning, Kendall got up on a horse with me and we rode around for a bit.
 
 
 
 
 
One of the big root systems that had been exposed when a freak wind storm blew over several of the big trees.
 
 
 
 
 
 
This kid cannot get enough of 4 wheelers! I took both kids on a ride and when it came time for Carter to drive, he was sure to let me know that he knew exactly what he was doing. Gosh, I can hardly wait for driver's ed!
 

No comments: