Tuesday, March 10, 2015

50 Shades of Grey {movie review}

 
 
 
Well, well, well. This movie certainly didn't disappoint. A couple girlfriends and I went to see this movie yesterday. I guess it's good that we all share a somewhat raunchy sense of humor, because it really takes a special group to sit and watch this movie together.....as in, not watching it with your spouse. I'm still not sure how this movie escaped the NC-17 rating.
 
The movie itself really followed the book quite well. If you see the movie without reading the book, there are a few scenes that might be lost on you - you won't understand the underlying meaning. But it doesn't ruin the movie by any means.
 
Let me just say, for the record, that I wasn't sure about either of these actors, in these specific roles. Dakota, however, nailed it. She played innocent, naïve Ana perfectly. Jamie....I'm just not sure what to say about him. He was NOT who I pictured in this role at all. However, I gave him a chance, and once I saw him in THOSE jeans (if you've read the books, you know which jeans I'm talking about), all bets were off. He was quite intriguing. I've never seen him in any other movie before, so I really just had to let my expectations (for the role of Christian) go. Once I did that, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. If you have read the books, this movie is an absolute must to bring everything to life.

No comments: