Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Potty Training Adventure - Kendall

This week, we started on the potty training adventure with Kendall. Seems a little early, but I went back to posts from when we were doing this with Carter, and we are about in the same time-frame.

What prompted this adventure, you ask? Let me tell you.......Monday, I worked from home. I went in to get Kendall because I heard her babbling away in her room. I walked in to her pajamas off, the diaper off, and she had pooped in the middle of the floor. Then walked around in it. Then climbed back into her bed. What a wonderful way to start a Monday morning, right?

No.

The very next day, Eric was giving the kids a bath and she pooped in the bath tub. 

She would also announce every time she would pee or poo in her diaper. So clearly some of the dots where there in her mind. We just need her to connect those dots.

I went and grabbed her a potty chair from the store - something basic. Holy crap there are some fancy potty chairs out there. Ones that will sing little tunes when you pee, ones that have flashing lights, etc. Seriously? Talk about distractions. Get to your main goal: the kid needs to pee or poo. If there is singing or flashing lights, how the heck can they concentrate? I mean come on, the attention span of a toddler is weak, at best. Let's not throw in a million distractions. I understand the motivational factor, really, I do. But I also understand "sit down, go potty, hi-five!" 




If that last picture looks familiar, this is why: Carter's Potty Training

No comments: