Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Yellowstone/Billings Vacation - Part III

If you have never traveled Beartooth Highway, go now. It is known as one of the most beautiful drives in America, and I would concur without a moment's hesitation. The only complaint I had was the smoky skies.....again, ruined a lot of my shots.

 
 
 The drive up this insane road provides for some of the most incredible views I have ever seen.  The high mountain lakes are right off the road - something you have to hike hours to see here in Idaho. 
 
 Views all along this drive easily trump and "top-of-the-world" feeling I've had in Idaho.  At the very top, the elevation reaches almost 11,000 feet.
 
 
Once over the top, we traveled through Red Lodge, which is an awesome little town. I would love to go back and explore it a little more.
 
Once we made it to Billings, it was instant relaxation mode. 
 The kids were more than happy to be out of the vehicle.
 
 
 
 
 I'm not sure who was more excited to be reunited - Carter or Guinness!
 
 Carter has come around to the baby in Veronica's belly.  This was the first time he actually felt the baby move.
His face was priceless!  From that point on, he had his hand on Veronica's belly virtually the entire vacation.  He had to make sure Baby Easton was doing okay!
 
 
Stay tuned for more!

No comments: