Sunday, July 8, 2012

Seattle Vacation Recap: Day 3 - The Game

The first game we got to see was Saturday night. The weather was kind of iffy to start out, but they ended up opening the roof right before the game started.  We got there about 2 hours early and were able to walk around the entire stadium, and watch both teams take batting practice.







We then decided it was time to get Eric properly clothed for the game, so I got him a Red Sox shirt, and a hat for myself since I didn't pack my own.
 Josh Beckett returned from the DL in time to start this game. I was so excited to see him pitch!


Big Papi
 The game was quite the pitching duel. Not much offensive action at all.


We were, of course, waiting for Ortiz to hit his 400th homerun. It would have been awesome if it had hit it while we were there! Flashes were going off like crazy every time he swung his bat.



And while he did have some good contact, none were homers.

This was Eric's first MLB game, and he got right into it. So fun to share that experience with him!

1 comment:

CreativeMish said...

I'm finally home and able to read all about Seattle! you got some great pictures and it looks like you had a great time.